- Arisbe decolor stratos (Rothschild, 1895)
This remarkable fast flying black and white Papilio swallowtail belongs to the antiphates group. The species can be found in the island of Mindoro.
- Hebemoia glaucippe philippensis (Wallace, 1893)
The largest butterfly in the Pieridae family. The overall color is white, occasionally with yellow tinge. The bright orange triangular marking on the apical forewing is very striking, thus it is given the common name “orange tip”.
- Moduza urdaneta aynii (J. Nuyda 1993)
Recently discovered new nymphalid subspecies from Camiguin Island, Babuyanes Group, Northern Luzon. A fast flying butterfly that can be found only in forested areas.
- Lexias sarrapes fif’waga (J. Nuyda & Kawamura 1989)
Considered as one of the most beautiful diurnal butterfly in Southeast Asia. A luminous purple blue band on the hind wing with white spot markings on the upper forewing accents this butterfly.
- Cheritra orpheus (C. & R. Felder 1862)
This butterfly belongs to the Lycaenidae family. Popularly known as the “golden-tailed hairstreak” due to the golden metallic color and long hair-like tails.
- Achillides chikae chikae (Igarashi 1965)
Category 1 on the list of CITIES as one of the most endangered species in the world. Habitat: Mountain Province, Northern Luzon.
- Arisbe ideaoides ideaoides (Hewitson 1855)
National butterfly of the Philippines. This rare mimetic butterfly is endemic only to the Philippines.
- Delias schoenigi hermel (Samusawa & Kawamura 1988)
A high altitude butterfly found in Mt. Kitanlad, Bukidnon, Mindanao.
- Achillides palinurus daedalus (Felder & Felder 1862)
More known as the “green rhapsody”. The green metallic sheen color gives a semblance of a symphony while in flight.
- Delias levicki justini (Kawamura 1988)
Named after the butterfly collector Justin Nuyda. Can be found at high altitude. Endemic to the mountains of Mindanao.
- Troidaes magellanus (C. & R. Felder 1862)
One of the largest butterflies in the Philippines and classified as a bird wing. Category no. 3 to the CITES list of endangered species.
Stamps featuring Butterflies III