Stamps featuring the Philpost’s participation at Jakarta 2008
The Philippine Postal Corporation will issue a miniature sheet to publicize Philpost's participation at Jakarta 2008. the 22nd Asian International Stamp Exhibition to be held at the Jakarta International Center in Jakarta, Indonesia from October 23 to 28, 2008.
|Kind of Issue:||Special|
|Denomination & Quantities:||P7 x 17 (sold for P150) – 8,000|
|Size of Stamps:||
22mm x 25mm
40mm x 70mm (Imperforated stamp in Souvenir Sheet)
|Size of Souvenir Sheet:||140mm x 175mm|
|Date of Issue:||October 23, 2008|
|Last Day of Issue:||October 22, 2009 (as stock allows)|
|Printing Process:||Litho-Offset (4 colors)|
|Printer:||Amstar Company, Inc.|
|Designer and Graphic Artist:||Corazon T. Loza|
|Design Coordinator:||Dr. Ngo Tiong Tak T.|
|Designs:||different species of Philippine birds taken from 140mm x 175mm the book "A guide to the Birds of the 13 1/2 Philippines", written by Robert S. Kennedy, Litho Offset (4 colors) Pedro C. Gonzales, Edward C. Dickinson, Hector C. Miranda, Jr. and Timothy H. Fisher.|
- Brahminy Kite (Haliastur Indus) – common in open areas often near water, but also in mountains. They fly with their wings held forward and slightly bent at wrist. They call with distinctive nasal ah-a-eeehhh.
- Olive-Backed Sunbird (Nectarinia jugularis) ,- most common lowland sunbird usually found in coconut plantations. Female sunbird has uniform olive green upper parts and uniform yellow underparts. They call che-wheeeeet or a loud, clear sweeet sweeet.
- Purple-Throated Sunbird (Nactarinia sperata) – common in lowlands in mangroves, coconut groves and cultivated areas. Call a metallic spee-spit or pee-pit.
- Metallic-Winged Sunbird (Aethopyga pulcherrima) – common in forest, medium small, short-tailed sunbird, sexes differ, races vary by amount and shade of metallic color on wings.
- Grey-Headed Fish-Eagle (Ichthyophaga ichthyaetus) – are found in fresh water marshes, lakes and rivers through forest and remote forest-rimmed bays. They have long neck and legs. They call unique cackling/yodeling concluded by loud aaawwwwwwwhhhhhh. Read more
The miniature sheets and Official First Day Covers will be available starting October 23, 2008 at the Philatelic Service, Door 203, Liwasang Bonifacio, 1000 Manila and at all Regional Offices of the Philippine Postal Corporation.