Stamps featuring St. Luke’s Medical Center
The Philippine Postal Corporation will issue a stamp to commemorate the One Hundredth Year of the Founding of St. Luke’s Medical Center.
|Kind of Issue:||Commemorative|
|Denomination and Quantity:||P5.00 – – – – 150,000|
|Date of Issue:||January 23, 2003|
|Last Day of Sale:||April 23, 2003|
|Sheet Composition:||20 (4 x 5)|
|Size of Stamps:||40mm x 30mm|
|Printing Process:||Litho-Offset ( 4 colors)|
|Printer:||Amstar Company, Inc.|
|Design Coordinator:||Rizabelle Cloma Santos|
|Layout Artist:||Alfonso V. Divina|
|Graphic Artist:||Edgar P. Patricio|
|Design:||Facade of St. Luke’s Medical Center & Anniversary Logo|
Founded in 1903 by American Episcopal missionary Charles Brent, St. Luke’s Hospital started as a nine-bed ward and dispensary named Mosher Hall. In 1907, it became the University Hospital. Over the next three decades, bed capacity at St. Luke’s Hospital increased to 140 beds. During the Japanese Occupation, the hospital’s name was changed to Nippon Byoin. Read more.