Trivia about the Manila Bulletin Publishing Corporation

Manila Bulletin, which was first published by American teacher Carson C. Taylor and circulated in Manila on February 2, 1900 as the Daily Bulletin, ls the oldest newspaper in the country today.

Starting as a business newspaper, Taylor conceptualized the Daily Bulletin “to give the public accurate and reliable shipping and commercial information.”

Over time and with the change of guards and name, the Manila Bulletin has evolved into a veritable daily broadsheet that carries local and international news as it has broadened business coverage and expanded circulation, living up to its 1907 moniker “the business newspaper of the country.”

Beginning as an American-period newspaper, the Manila Bulletin survived the eventful vicissitudes of the 20th century, reflecting on its pages historical colors of bondaqe and independence.

After the demise of its former owner, Gen. Hans M. Menzi, in 1984, Don Emilio T. Yap’s phenomenal leadership propelled the Manila Bulletin to the successtul accurate and well-balanced newspaper it is today.

The signs of the times has moved Manila Bulletin into modernization as it remains the first and only newspaper in the country today to be housed its own building and use its own state-of-the-art printing facilities. Multi-media convergence, on the other hand, has made news gathering and transmitting faster as well as in bringing Philippine daily news to any part of the world faster through its webpages.

Living up to its role as the “Exponent of Philippine Progress,” the Manila Bulletin promises to go on many more hundred years in living up to its motto –“Let us Unite the Nation and Move Forward” — to serve as a partner to the government and be of service to the Filipino people

You may also like...

Leave a Reply