Ask the average Filipino student what his favorite subject is and chances are it won't be math, For a typical Japanese on Taiwanese student, the reverse wold be true math would be an all-time favorite subject in school and even in the choice of career. Typically , the culprits are the parents themselves – they probably had a difficult time with math and they convey their own fears and insecurities to their children. Is it any wonder then that the children believe they'll do poorly?
Author: Philippine Trivia
The 14 birds featured are:
- Mindanao Bleeding Heart Pigeon (Gallicolumba criniger)
- Nicobar Pigeon (Caloenas nicobarica)
- Black-chinned Fruit Dove (Ptilinopus leclancheri)
- Metallic Pigeon (Columba vitiensis)
- Pink-necked Green Pigeon (Treron vernans)
- Amethyst Brown Dove (Phapitreron amethystina)
- Grey Imperial Pigeon (Ducula pickeringii)
- Red Turtle Dove (Streptopelia tranquebarica)
- Pied Imperial Pigeon (Ducula bicolor)
- Spotted-Imperial Pigeon (Ducula carola)
- Philippine Eagle (Pithecophaga jefferyi)
- Philippine Cockatoo (Cacatua haematuropygia)
- Java Sparrow (Padda oryzivora)
- Blue-capped Wood-Kingfisher (Actenoides hombroni)
|In 1900, when the Americans first came to baguio, it was the only "rancheria," whose dominant feature was a large, low-lying area Kafagway. There were only a few houses and no roads. During the dry season it was a pasture for cattle and horses, but much of the year, it was marshland with a shallow lake where residents hunted for ducks and snipes. Kafagway roughly covered the same area as the present city of Baguio.|
The Philippine Postal Corporation will issue a setenant pair of stamps to publicize the La Union Botanical Garden, located at San Fernando, La Union.
|Kind of Issue:||Special|
|Denomination & Quantity:||
P5.00 – 100,000 (2 composite designs)
The Philippine Postal Corporation will issue a stamp, the 50th Anniversary Philippine Orthopedic Association.
The Philippine Postal Corporation will issue a stamp to commemorate the 100th Anniversary of Centre Escolar University (CEU).
The Go Families' ancestors, starting from Tai Bei Kong of Shanxi Province, China, took the first step to migrate sometime from 618 AD in the Tang Dynasty, continuing through 1368 A.D. in the Ming Dynasty and up to 1644 during the Ching Dynasty.
Bridge building in the country is integral to the development of communities. It helps in the opening up of communities to various forms of land transport allowing thus the development of trade and relations between once distant and detached areas. The early history of bridge building was attributed to both the Spanish missionaries and conquistadors. During the early period of American rule, the Bureau of Public Works was created to initiate further the task of linking the Philippines together with spans that for some still serve the commuting public. The bridges highlight an architectural and engineering form that has served nobly the interest of the country.